Thursday, December 31, 2009

my 2 new policies

Let me start by saying these policies are bound to fail, yet I've forged ahead with implementation.
First, the "reap what you sow" policy. I'm tired of hearing "He hit me! She hit me! Maegan called me poopie pants; Spencer said I'm stinky butt." I looked at them today and said, "Go ahead, beat each other up. Go ahead, let each other have it. Hit away!" They looked at me shocked and then declined; fearful of what the other might do when given license to unleash their fury. I hadn't really thought this policy out, but it seemed to work. I'm just not sure how this will play out later when they decide to start punishing each other again. (Oh, it just happened, Maegan hit Spencer. So, she sowed and I reaped...or she sowed and reaped...or she just paid the piper.)
Second new policy: the "keep it real" program. As most of you know Doug knows most everything (except his colors). This unending knowledge and skill set benefits most everybody. But, there are occasions when I want to be the final authority on a subject (which has been limited so far to music). So, I thought a "keep it real" program would be good to keep Doug humble (a quality we all really want). I'm just not sure how this policy is going to work because I need some ammunition, which means he needs to be wrong about something...I'll wait patiently and then pounce.

No comments: