Tuesday, August 28, 2007

hunger


I heard a guy talking on the radio about the difference between spiritual and physical hunger. When we are physically hungry we eat and are satified. The hunger goes away and we stop eating. (I won't go into how most of us really don't know physical hunger, and we eat despite being hungry.) Continue radio guy's talk...When we are spiritually hungry we feed on God's Word and that causes us to get hungry for more. Most of the time when we don't feed on God's Word we lose our appetite. The lack of "food" actually causes us to avoid the life food we desperately need. So, sometimes force feeding needs to take place. You know, I think I've heard that people who have gone without food for a long time actually stop feeling hungry. They get sick though. I get sick when I go without God's Word. I think people get sick of me too. (Ask Doug, poor guy).
Recently, on a retreat, I believe God told me...go after self-control and discipline. Normally I pray for patience, passion, love, selflessness. It was a very matter of fact time with God. It was like He said, yes, I know you love me and are passionate for things I'm passionate about. Now, how about that self-control and discipline.
You know, when I spend time with God I'm happy. After I eat a healthy meal, I feel great and have no regrets. When I work out, I enjoy it and know I've done a good thing. But, man do I try to not do those things. Wierd.

1 comment:

side of fries said...

so, I overeat the food I am not suppose to, and I undereat the food I should. Thought provoking!