Wednesday, October 14, 2009

basement vacation

So, Doug told me I need to get the flu shot. He said that if I get the flu, Graham would definitely get it. I asked why he didn't need one. Well, he said, if he gets the flu he can retreat to the basement for a week to recover and make sure the kids don't get sick. I replied, desperately, "No! I want to go to the basement for a week!" Then I realized how ridiculous it was that I was basically jealous that he was going to get the flu and get to rest and recover in a separate part of the house.

3 comments:

Martina said...

No worries Carol...I was actually fantasizing about getting the flu just the other day. Staying at home for a week snuggled under the covers sounded really appealing at the time =)

Alison said...

OK-so we really need more "no-kid time" so we won't wish to get sick for a break!! :-) BTW, why do the men get to rest and take a break while the moms still have to continue life like normal-sick or not? NOT FAIR! (Carolyn's favorite phrase at the moment.)

Nikki Keever said...

Confession: I faked a barfing incident a couple years ago to get a day off! Yes, it's true AND it was very nice!
Thanks for the anti-slavery blogs. Your entries are so enlightening. I don't get fed like that anywhere else.
ps We rearranged our bedroom, moving the bed and found yet another truffle wrapper. hee hee