Sunday, October 4, 2009

pet blessings

I find myself thinking in blog entries. As something happens I'm writing the blog in my head, but then I don't get around to posting it. Now, I have several random blog thoughts but don't know which one to write. A couple of thoughts are a little dark, and some are funny kid stories.
Here is one that might offend. Pet blessings?! Seriously!? I've seen four churches advertising pet blessing ceremonies. What! There must be some kind of holiday for it because everyone is doing now. No really someone tell me what this is all about.
I don't like to confess that I'm not a pet lover. I don't want animals in my house...too much cleaning, plus I'm allergic. I do like cats (except for the couple that have bitten me). Dogs scare me because I don't know what they are thinking. I don't like to be licked or smelled.
I do like giving dogs exercise. I like taking my sister's dog Tessa on walks and watching her frollick in the creek. And Cleanne, if you are reading this, I like watching Zeus to make sure he is not lonely. But, it's always mixed with fear because, again, I'm not sure what he is thinking and he gets all crazy when I try to leave your house (probably a sign of affection?) So, in that case I have Doug do the handling and I make sure he is feed and walked :)
Well, I guess I needed to confess this...whew...I feel better!

1 comment:

Alison said...

I do that all the time-thinking something would be a great blog post, but never get around to writing it down! I have to agree about the pets. Especially after seeing what they did to the carpet we just had to have torn out of our entire new house and replaced! YUCK! You'll be happy to be walking on fresh carpet when you come by! :-)