Thursday, April 12, 2007

i guess these prayers count too


How do you teach a child to pray? So far, my method is to pray with my daughter, Maegan, at meals, before bed and at random times during the day. However, there are times that it seems like I should tell her what to say or correct what she is saying. For example, much of the time she prays for certain cartoon characters to change their evil ways. Like Swiper Fox...."please God, help Swiper to stop swiping." She has asked that God make certain Disney movies to "not be scary anymore." I've tried to explain that God can't change things that aren't real. She doesn't care, she continues to pray with perseverance. Her latest mission, to make dinosaurs nice and not have big growl teeth but teeth like mommy, daddy and Spencer.
I'm encouraged by all this though. She could just repeat everything I say, but instead she has a mind of her own.

1 comment:

Tricia Lopez said...

I think its okay for her to pray for those things. God can always change the hearts of those making the cartoons. I think correcting or commenting while she prays is okay too. You are doing well my friend. Jesus loves you.