Wednesday, April 11, 2007

a really great book

I've taken up "Irresistable Revolution" again. This is how I read. I start a book, totally get into it, then I put it down to finish a couple months later (or never if it isn't really inspiring). Maybe I just don't want it to end.
Today I was reading about Christian extremists. So, what popped in your head? Enthusiasts blowing up clinics, zeolots carrying signs declaring God hates gays? It's a sad commentary that your first thought wasn't the extremists for grace, mercy, forgiveness, peace, and love? There are those people out there. Mother Theresa for example, she was extreme. But, I do know other extremists that aren't making headlines. They are regular people, but their love is extreme because it is the love given straight from God.
I would say that is one of my fears. Not being the extremist I'm called to be, but just living safely.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl, we should finish it together. I just picked it back up after a 6 month hiatus. I am on chapter 8. Wanna read together?

peace.

carol said...

I'd love to! It is a book that you can't help but discuss!