Tuesday, June 19, 2007

father's day

Father's day "weekend" was a lovely time spent with family. Doug even made out with a present this year. I got him a hammock chair for the side porch. I've enjoyed it a lot already ;)
Sunday evening, on the way home from The Haute, I began to think about my friends who were having a lonely father's day. I have several friends who have lost their dad's. Of course, this led me to think about what life will be like when doug and I lose our parents. Children without their parents feels unnatural...no matter what the age. Our parents are the ones who love us unconditionally and are concerned with our well being more than we are. To be in this world without our mom and dad will be a lonely place. We aren't guaranteed anything, so absorbed every moment you have with your parents.

No comments: