Tuesday, June 12, 2007

so, I'm too sensitive



Doug thinks I'm ridiculous. I think there are different drinks and foods for different occasions. For example...
Last night Doug met some friends to discuss a very serious and somber situation that one of our friends is going through. Their plan was to meet at Starbucks. Doug was ultra excited that he was going to have one of Starbucks new calorie buster creme creations. So, I began to imagine these men sitting around drinking coffee (a drink for a serious discussion), counseling our friend regarding the passing of a loved one, while Doug slurped away on a fruity dessert drink. Dessert drinks are for celebratory times, am I wrong?
So, do you know where the counsel of men decided to hold this serious, prayerful discussion.....Marble Slab. If that's not bad enough, it turns out one of the guys (not to mention names...Mr. Kibs) allowed his long horn belt buckle to partake in the conversation too. Men have their ways, so what do I know.

4 comments:

Momof3 said...

Dude! If I had known that they were doing Marble Slab I would have insisted on a sweet treat...I too, think coffee was a more appropriate for the meeting!

Kibs said...

For your information Mrs. CC, Benny the Bull (the longhorn belt buckle) is always available as a listening ear and is more than happy to provide wise counsel. Of course, he's definitely always available for ice cream too.

Kute by Kari said...

I had one of these yummy drinks pictured tonight and I must say it is not a drink for a serious conversation... it is a fun drink for fun times! I could not post until I tried the drink and assessed my feelings afterwards, so here you are.

carol said...

Thanks for your research and input Mrs. Kibs.
Alison actually used this topic as an icebreaker at HC. One fellow female said she couldn't imagine someone slurping away on one of those frothy delights while having a serious discussion.