Wednesday, July 11, 2007

do you want to join us


I've been part of Save Darfur for awhile. This has involved making phone calls and writing letters to politicians. I actually have 'Bush' as a contact on my cell phone. Yes, you can actually call the White House. You can call all sorts of legislators.
This past Monday the first meeting of the Indianapolis Coalition to Save Darfur took place at Common Ground. Eighteen strangers shared their desire to know more about what is happening in Darfur (and now Chad and Central African Republic) and we are going to plan some events in the community to raise awareness.
I will be posting our next event, which is coming in August. We are going to have an "educate ourselves" night at Common Ground, which will include screening the documentary "Darfur Diaries".
Please go to the following link to view a very good video about Darfur.
http://link.brightcove.com/services/link/bcpid716091889/bctid716320015

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Girl, I am all about Save Darfur...or anywhere in Eastern Africa...or Africa in general.

I'll be there in August...

peace.