Friday, May 16, 2008

The Runner


This morning I joined moms from the MOPS group for a last hoorah of the year. I was already tired from my strength and endurance class at the YMCA. This meet and mingle at the park turned out to be round two of strength, endurance, and patience!
I'm starting to realize I am the only mom I see who is constantly sprinting after her child. I'm not exaggerating...people comment on how fast he takes off and how determined he is NOT to respond to my hollaring. He sprints into parking lots, out of buildings (mind you, people see him coming and open the door for him...gee thanks people!) I always yell "Spencer STOP!" for the benefit of all those looking at me. But, I know that yelling 'stop' will do nothing. He will run, and I will chase. Poor Maegan has been left standing vunerable in many a venue while I do all this chasing. So, this wears me out. But, I have a really hard time getting mad at him because he is laughing and smiling so sweetly as he runs away. When I catch him he says "sorry mommy I run." We didn't stay very long at the park.
I'm entering a Sprint Triatholon this summer to put all this training to use :)

4 comments:

crossn81 said...

That is funny and a little scary. Good luck with your triathlon training!!! That is some good stuff :)

Kute by Kari said...

The night we read this we heard the front door open... Eli was out the door. He had no shoes or socks and might have been in his PJ's. Mike called him and sprinted, but Eli did not look back. He just screamed with glee and ran ran ran! Point being... I might train with you!

andrew,betsy,& noura said...

haha maybe HE's training to win the olympics one day in track, and pay for your retirement!:)

Anonymous said...

He gave me this look last night, like "just watch...i'm about to be REAL fast" while hugging the lamp post out front. It was a hard decision to make, but I decided to just ignore him and walk inside...and don't you know it! he decided to run right past me to the front door.

Needless to say I was relieved he didn't run off into the street. Though he did wave and say "hi" to every person that was walking down the street.

:)

peace.