Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Cheer and Other thoughts





Here are a few pictures of Maegan singing at church (rather unethusiastically) and at school (rather joyfully).
The other picture is of a gadget Maegan drew that is a remote control power zapper. She and Spencer have been chasing around the house "stealing our power." The buttons include: a button to immediately put a bad guy in jail if the police take to long getting to the scene, one to make a bunk bed out of ordinary beds (they tried that when I wasn't paying attention), and a couple to use super power soccer skills.
Speaking of power control, Maegan has an issue with our "power" over the household, especially mine. She has declared "you aren't in charge of my life", "you aren't the smartest person in this house", and "you need to leave me alone and let me do whatever I want!" She has also said that one day this house will be hers Doug and I can be the guardians to make sure bad guys stay away. The teenage years aren't looking so good.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Perhaps the only way to go is up, so maybe the teenage years will be a breeze! :-) She really has such a sweet spirit. I enjoyed the few minutes I had with her today during her "pouting session." We had a nice chat. Couldn't convince her she didn't need another cupcake, but she was at least being reasonable! I love your kids! Sarah said she (Maegan)missed out on all the fun. I told her not all the fun, just the music. To Sarah, that was all the fun! Her favorite part!