Saturday, December 13, 2008

Jolly Land



We took our annual trip to Jolly Land at the Children's Museum. Maegan is aware that Santa isn't really a guy who comes and brings presents to the house. She has learned that he was created out of the memory of St. Nick, who helped families that had need and did it in secret. Now that I'm thinking about it, the fact that Nicolas did his giving in secret means he probably isn't a fan of a character being made after him. I know many people like for their kids to imagine Santa is real and enjoy the magic of the season. And, I've asked Maegan not to blow it for the other kids (which almost happen yesterday at school).
My Dad always told me the truth about Santa, the easter bunny, etc. He thought it was important that I didn't get confused on what is true. It was important for him to teach me the Bible and know that he (my dad) was always telling the truth. I really appreciate this. Trust me, there was always lots of magic in the season for me. What could be more wonderful than God sending Jesus to live here on Earth, and have to come as a meek, fragile baby!! And don't forget the sky full of angel's singing and celebrating the occasion...that is pretty awesome!
I hope you are enjoying the magic of the season and taking time to ponder God's great love!

No comments: