Thursday, April 2, 2009

Liberated Carol


The precious children are in Terre Haute since yesterday until Saturday with their Grandparents. So, that means I'm free! Yes, I miss them when they are gone. When they are gone I think of their sweet faces and laughter. But, I'm keenly aware that I'm enjoying wonderful peace. No fighting, no one asking me for something every two minutes, and no tantrums (even from me :)
So, what does liberated Carol do? Yesterday I read some of my book "Song of Solomon" by Toni Morrison, took a nap, and then read some more. Doug and I went to dinner at Greek Isles and then popped in on a friend who lives downtown.
This morning my body wouldn't let me sleep past 7am, but it was still nice not having the kids rush in demanding their milk and fighting over who gets to lay between mommy and daddy.
At 11am I'm going with Doug to the Fashion Mall. He has a business meeting at The Cheesecake factory, and I guess I'll eat greasy pizza from the food court. Then we are off to Cincinnati. We are going to stay at a retreat house tonight and then spend the day at IKEA tomorrow. Yes, two very different experiences.
Saturday morning we will be here and go to Patachou for breakfast. Then off to a wedding that afternoon.
So, you may not care what a liberated Carol does but I find all this freedom very exciting!

5 comments:

Alison said...

I care and I am excited for you! Enjoy your time!

Kibs said...

a liberated Carol doesn't want to play pinball?

Amy said...

enjoy! hope it is very refreshing for you. :)

The Croyts Chronicles said...

oh sounds like such a good time-I'm a little behind on your blog-but love catching up. I adore Maegan's art work! Sophia is in to writing me letters she tells me I'm very "nce" (nice) the disciffering is sometimes a challenge....
I love the pee picture!
I just wanted to comment on this pic-you are gorgeous. I feel like I'm hitting on you, I think I tell you that all the time-the gorgeous part, but seriously! you are beautiful, inside and out! hope the last few weeks of Graham's containment are going well~

carol said...

Angela,
Thanks for the compliment, I'm open to them anytime :) I had a dream the other night that I found your blog....when you are going to start one!! I hope your nausea is easing up.