Friday, April 24, 2009

moving slowly


Due to being 8 months pregnant I've had to put myself in 2nd gear. To be honest, it's nice being forced to go in slow motion. I find myself just sitting and watching the kids play and soaking in what is happening around me instead of just being busy. I've been sure not to have to rush anywhere because I just can't move that fast, and if I'm forced to I get snippy. This has been very good for Spencer because he likes to stop and look at things on his own time. Like yesterday I stood and held my grocery bags while he looked at his book reflect off the van. I wasn't in a hurry so I didn't care. I think God has blessed me with extra patience and alleviated some moodniess (Doug must have been praying for this). Our house is in disarray because Doug is painting the office and finishing some projects. Usually the mess would drive me crazy, but it isn't.
Here are some pictures from the Race for the Cure we did last week. We "raced" with our dear friend Janna, pictured with her husband Jim.
The top piccture is for all you people who keep lying and saying I'm small...seriously!! The last picture is me letting Spencer pee along the walking route. Some of you may take issue with me letting him do this, but aren't boys supposed do that?

3 comments:

Alison said...

You are beautiful-that's what they really mean by "small." :-)

Giddy said...

And PS, you are TINY. You look the way I did at 6 months pregnant. And both my kids went all the way to their due date OR LONGER (9 days longer even), so you can imagine how much bigger I got! The reason people say taht is because they are JEALOUS, not because they are lying. Alison is right--you are beautiful! (In fact, Steve commented on your having the pregnancy glow about you one recent Sunday....) (My Steve, that is, nto Alison's.)

Kute by Kari said...

Not only are you tiny, but so is Spencer's little bottom!