Monday, March 15, 2010

Spencer is 4!



Our little sweetie turned 4 last Saturday. He is such a joy and full of compassion. He likes to keep the peace around here, especially with Maegan. I have to serve as his advocate, making sure she doesn't take advantage of his adoration for her. She hit him in the face yesterday and Doug said he could go hit her back. (Sorry if this shocks you. This isn't part of our parenting plan or philosophy. You just find yourself tired and crazy sometimes. We all need a little spontaneity in our lives, and this is ours.) Spencer ran back to Maegan's room and said, "Maegan, Dad told me to hit you, but I don't want to."
He also smiles despite the misery he has right now after his adenoid surgery. He is smiling now because he is on his second episode of cartoons. I'm bribing him with the TV. If he lets me put Vaseline on his nose he can watch cartoons. Again, judge if you wish. If we don't use the Cathode ray therapy his nose tissues will never heal.

1 comment:

Kute by Kari said...

Judge, you must be kidding me. At least you can bribe him with cartoons. We let Eli watch so much TV that I don't even think it would work as a bribe. And worse then letting one kid it another, we have agreed that the dog is allowed to bite Eli once to pay him back for all the times Eli has beat him up. We think you are great parents!