Wednesday, March 3, 2010

unscientific thoughts on spiritual compost


I was thinking about compost the other day. We've had a composter thingy back behind the shed that we haven't ventured to use yet. You know how it is, it can be daunting to do something new.
I started to think about how now I neatly tie up all our garage into little bags and set them out for someone else to haul away. Nice and tidy, no smelly stuff sitting around fuming, gone from sight. I can even light candles to make sure nothing stinks at our house. Do you see where I'm going with this?
What if I took all the things that seem like trash, and kept it. What if I held onto my garage;, not carrying it around with me, of course, but putting in a pile behind where I live. Every once and awhile I'll go out there and stir it up, change up the layers and watch it turn into something that stinks, but can nourish other things for growth. Do you see where I'm going with this?

1 comment:

crossn81 said...

Carol you should check out this blog:
http://flourishonline.org