Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Another Carson takes the seat


I got to work the polls yesterday for the district 7 Congressional seat.
It was a great experience. I just checked ids and signed ballots (and counted voters every hour), but I enjoyed being part of the process. We had some characters for sure. We had lots of angry people and rightfully so. For some crazy reason they decided to change where some people had been voting for 40 years. These were elderly people who lived right next to this voting site and where now being told to go vote several miles away. We had no explanation and we did take the heat for this issue. A lot of people never received notice of the change, and some people just got their notes in the mail that day. What a mess! One guy called us communists and another lady called the situation a "hot mess".

1 comment:

One Love Photo said...

Good Job for getting involved! The vintage look of my photos might be because most of them are still shot with film (weird hu?) But if I want a vintage look with digital I do it in photoshop. There are some great vintage actions out there or you can just play with the HUE & SATURATION options to get the desired look.