Friday, March 28, 2008

Give me a P, Give me a B and give me some chocolate!



It was a different Easter for me this year. For the past 5 or so years I've hosted a Good Friday dinner/observance. I would make dinner and incorporate it into a time to remember Jesus' last supper and the events leading up to Christ being crucified. We would read on the scriptures detailing Jesus' suffering and end the night knowing we would come together on Sunday to celebrate Jesus' resurrection.
Well, we joined a new House Church a month ago that meets on Friday nights. So, we decided to join in with what the HC had planned. But, Friday morning Doug and I decided to go to IMA (Indy Art Museum) to look at religious art and take time to ponder. We only found a few impactful paintings of Jesus, but we still enjoyed the time at the museum.
Spencer woke up with a fever that afternoon, so I stayed home with him and missed house church. He was sick through the weekend, so I also missed Sunday worship.
So, it was a little different this year...just forcing me to make sure I took time to remember on my own.
Ok, so why the strange title to the post? I fasted from sweets for Lent and now I can't get enough peanut butter and chocolate. Not Reeses. I want big hunks of bunny rabbit chocolate smothered in peanut butter. I've got to eat these gigantic bunnys or else Spencer will. My sister sat and watched him down a decent sized chocolate critter that sent him into a sugar coma. Maegan actually has self control, so she is content with small pieces of rationed chocolate.

2 comments:

Kute by Kari said...

We want to come to a "last supper". Mike asked me what was most meaningful to me this Easter or how it impacted me. My answer would be... "well, it could be the screaming babies in the nursery, or the focus I had the week leading up to Easter on Eli's lack of clothing this spring, or maybe all the attention I gave to work, or even better... I taught Eli how to hunt eggs". I missed the point this Easter BIG TIME and we want to change that next year... we want to come!!!!

Alison said...

Did you have any chocolate yesterday?