Friday, February 29, 2008

Adoption Fundraising



Doug and I have had the honor to witness several friends adopt children both locally and internationally. It is a joy to take part in their journeys, even if we haven't experienced adopting children ourselves.
A humbling part of adoption is asking people to help with the cost. It is hard for people to ask others to help them bring a child into their family. However, I see it as a beautiful thing. As friends, we have the priviledge of being part of the process. When I was pregnant, only Doug and I were part of the process :) Adoption is awesome because it takes a community of friends and family.
So, I would like to help some friends, the McKim family, raise money to pay for their adoption. They are adopting a child from Uganda. He is a teacher and she is a stay-at-home mom of 3.
You can help them by purchasing a very cool t-shirt and/or purchasing some delicious free trade coffee. They have been forced to get creative because they don't qualify for the tax credit (he is a teacher and doesn't pay enough taxes..something like that).
So, I'm taking orders for t-shirts ($20) and coffee ($10). You can go to Jen's Journey for Truth blog to contact her if you'd like to know more :)

2 comments:

Kute by Kari said...

Carol... I added your post to our blog to see if we could help as well. I see you contact Jen for the shirt, but I don't get how the coffee money gets to them... can you explain?
Kari

One Love Photo said...

What a great idea! I will be visitng the fundraiser site later. I have done work for the Heart Gallery of Washington, helping foster kids get adopted. Whatever we can do to help little ones get into safe loving homes....it is so important!