Wednesday, April 2, 2008

il bel far niente, the beauty of doing nothing (but reading)

Ok, so I'm posting about another book. Yes, I do more than sit around reading books. But, the silver lining in having a sick child, is that your sick child just wants to lay around and snuggle. I'm good at snuggling and reading at the same time.
So, I'm almost half way into another book today. Funny, I don't want to admit what I'm reading because it's a #1 New York Times Bestseller (my fear of being main stream). And, more shamefully to me, all the praise for this book comes from the likes of Glamour, GQ, Elle and Marie Claire (and there are some quality publishers listed). However, I'm loving this book, Eat, Pray, Love, because right now she is writing about Italy. I love when people write about Italy (oh, yes, I did love visiting Italy as well)! It's all I can do to keep from creating a large batch of homemade, real Italian, tomato sauce (I was taught by a lady who lived in southern Italy with her Italian husband for 2 years) Whenever I make this sauce I put on my Apron (of no consequence to Italy), play Madame Butterfly, and sip red wine. However, we don't need great Italian tonight because I'm going to eat American pizza right before cleaning the toilets at the church.
So, there will probably be more posts about this book because reading about her shout outs to the universe is a little challenging...but at the same time it stems out of a true search for conversation with God. And, she spends time in India and Indonesia....so that should evoke more thoughts from me (and more ethnic cooking, I suppose.)

No comments: