Monday, November 17, 2008

advent conspiracy

I've been concerned with the dismal forecast for Christmas this year. I've seen numerous reports on the news that this is going to be the "worst Christmas in years." Stop and think about the stupidity of that comment. How can someone decide this is going to be the worst Christmas? What is their measure? Of course we know this is from the retail perspective, but we often adopt that perspective as ours.
I'm most looking forward to telling the Christmas story to Maegan and Spencer often and in many ways. I'm looking forward to singing about the AMAZING reality that God came to Earth in flesh and endured this world, then sacrificed Himself for our sins. Don't let it pass you by. Make this a season of meditation, prayer, worship, and spreading the Good News.
Check out the Advent Conspiracy video below. If you attend Common Ground your outlet for giving can be the "redistribute" campaign.

4 comments:

SPRINK said...

Laid Off!! No Money!! Looking forward to the best Christmas ever!!! There is a lot less pressure on us this year since we have nothing extra to spend. Thanks for the video, we will watch this in house church this week.

Jen said...

I LOVE this Carol!! I will definitely share it on my blog as well. I really hope when people see this they will take it to heart and not just think it's a neat video. We can make such a big difference this world!!!

Alison said...

This is a great video. I'm sure you won't mind seeing it again on my blog. :-) I truly admire your passion for the Lord and for seeking social justice God's way.

Loree Alayne Photography said...

Amen and Amen again Sista!!! I wasn't able to view the video on my computer but your words alone ring true in my heart.