Monday, November 3, 2008

Ballot Question #1 Marion County

If you are like me, sometimes you have no idea to answer some of the ballot questions.
Doug is works in property tax appeals, with guru Henry Hamilton. So, he gave me the answer to:
"Should the assessing duties of the elected township assessor in the township be transferred to the county assessor?"
Answer: Yes
Doug said that the county assessors have the software and the evaluative programs to do this job the most consistantly. It would hurt the system to transfer the duties to another department.
I've seen signs that say, "for lower taxes vote no to question #1"....who wouldn't vote 'no'. But, the answer is 'yes'.

2 comments:

side of fries said...

Who is really going to vote anyway? Just kidding, friend. I'll be at the polls at 6 am. :)

Alison said...

Wish I would have read this yesterday! I was in the category of not knowing what to say to that question, until a nice lady handed me a little info telling me it was a good idea to vote, "No." :-) Very convincing at 6am. I fell victim to know knowing all my facts and trusting the last minute plea. The assumption is that everyone has made up their minds by the time they are at the polls, but I guess that's not true for all the questions. I was looking for one about education and the IPS's plan for improvement, but didn't see that one. Did you? It was the only question I knew about and knew how I was going to vote!