Tuesday, October 28, 2008

beautiful season





This is my favorite season, and I think it's the most beautiful time of year. We tried a few new fall activities this year. We went to Holliday Park for their "Hauntless Halloween".....boring. I would have rather gone to the park by ourselves and hiked. We went to Oktoberfest at Trader's Point Creamery. It was a nice afternoon with Doug's parents, but the festivities weren't that fun. Again, I would have rather gone and done the same thing a different day and not paid.
We went to Stoney Creek Farms, in Noblesville, last year and it was awesome. We weren't able to go this year and we are sad.
Other news,Doug put in windows and painted the house over the last two weeks. I watched. I'm not the worker I used to be. When I was overseas I helped lay brick, tile roofs, dig foundations, load food trucks, etc. We were there helping to rebuild homes and lives. I guess when it's your own house and you have an extremely skilled husband, you just lose the edge. But Doug kindly tells people "we painted the house, we remodeled the kitchen, we tiled the floor, etc."

1 comment:

Alison said...

Moral support is totally necessary in these projects, so, he's right to say "we"! :-)