Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Vote Early

Just wanted to let you know that you can vote early and avoid lines on Election day. Just go to www.govote.org and type in your zip to find your nearest location. I'm going Saturday if anyone wants to drive downtown with me.
Now a little perspective challenge. I think many people think politics is the one area where we can say hateful things and belittle others. It is never all right to hate someone. However, some believers have taken exception to name call and get angry with each other over different political views.
God is our King. He is in control. Don't worry, don't fret, put your worries at His feet.
Romans 13:6-7 "This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor." Honor others, live at peace with everyone as much as it depends on you. Above all else put on love.
Just a friendly reminder :)

2 comments:

Alison said...

Amen! I want to talk about it with people, but many don't want to for fear of argument or offending. I just want to hear from others about what they are thinking, not try and win them over to what I think about it. It is a good reminder about keeping the peace and that no matter who wins, God is still in control. I was just telling Steve how I love that we can talk about it peacefully and openly. I know who I'm voting for, but I'm not mad at anyone who votes differently, and I don't have any ill-will toward either candidate. I respect people's reasons for whom they decide to vote for, for sure. You're swell. :-)

carol said...

I think you're swell too!